Monday, June 25, 2007

New Artwork




Hey Everybody! I just wanted to post this latest Fantasy piece that I have done. I call it " Demon Reclining". It's kind of a Trompe L'oiel painting that I have been working on for a very long time. I painted this with watercolors and used colored pencil for some of the detail work. The most challenging piece had to be painting the horns and the staff on the character in such a realistic manner. It was also very hard to get the Tim Burton atmospheric feel that I was going for with the lighting, but I feel I succeded. Overall, it's definitely the best piece I've ever done, and you guys are the first to see it! How exciting!

3 comments:

DavidArt said...

BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!!

DavidArt said...

This is by far the most technically perfect and fantastically executed work of figurative art in the history of all mankind. The turn of light on the form, the subtle application of anatomy, the fantastic planometric drawing, all wonderfull. The Illustion of stereometry is beyond words. Not only are the technical aspects of this piece truly inspiring, but the deep seeded (and impecably subltle) metaphors could have the viewer pondering their meaning for lifetimes. The use of compositional elements such as perspective rythm and gesture are truly unparralleled by anything in the known universe. Personally I believe that you have created here a new standard of excellence within the fantasy genre which is unsurpassed and will never be reached again. Furthermore this piece has achieved much more than a technically precise and inspirational work of art, but is now within the realm of religious iconography. I now state that I have relinquished my own faith and now worship this image as my own true god. False idols will fall in the wake of this image as it is of course the second coming of christ. Let all humans in the world know that the savior has returned and now resides withing the very internet embodimet within this image. All sinners repent in the face of the second coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katzenjammer studios said...

i knew i couldn't trust this bastard. scary, yet magnificent.